BEATBOXER, MC, MUSICIAN, VOICE ARTIST, AND ENTREPRENEUR
It is funny. People often tell me I over think and that I talk too much (they might be right). I, on the other hand feel that people don’t talk enough and don’t think enough. Often I find myself surrounded by people who refuse to tell me what was or is on their mind. It is like they have been trained to contain and therefore be contained. I’ve always firmly believed that healthy communication, compromise and love (the real thing and not the fake crap young and stupid people think they have) can solve any problem in the world.
I’ve been wanting to do this for a while and I finally got down to it. This project inaugurates my blog. In fact every creative person I’ve known has asked me why I don’t have a space where I share my thoughts and experiences. I’d like to think I have had an interesting life so far. If I was to conk off today or tomorrow, I would knock off with a big smile on my face because the number of regrets I have can be counted on one hand and that is not a bad number to have.
Objective – Meet as many people as I can and I shall start with people who are “Friends” with me on facebook. Learn as much as I can from them and blog about it. I believe everyone has something interesting to say as long as you are interested enough to listen.
What inspired me to take up this project – Many reasons actually. A few of them being
1) I often come across familiar faces. I would generally smile, nod my head or say hello but the other person would completely ignore me. I would later find out that I actually knew that person or better yet that person is on my facebook friend list.
2) Random people walk up to me and tell me that they are friends with me on facebook. I apologise for not remembering them or their names and we generally have a pleasant time afterward. I think it is sad I don’t know these people. I would like to think that this is my way of trying.
3) My pathetic inability to remember names. I’m generally good with faces but with my line of work, I meet thousands of people on a monthly basis. It gets a little difficult as time passes by. I think I owe a conversation to all the people around me. At least try and remember them.
4) I have a lot of people who find it difficult to approach me. They sometimes think that they have no right to and I would be busy most of the time. I do keep myself busy but that does not mean I don’t have time for a meaningful conversation.
5) This might surprise a lot of people who don’t know me. Although my type of job requires me to be outgoing and social, I am in fact quite the bit of an introvert and I would like to break out of that shell. I dislike large crowds and gatherings, I don’t party or indulge in socializing behaviour, I’ve always had a handful of people I prefer to spend time with, otherwise I generally prefer being alone and by myself (although it does get frustrating after a while)
6) I thoroughly enjoy the process of learning new things through meaningful conversations and experiences
How – We first touch base online and then we decide what we can do. It can be anything. I’m up for anything interesting. Anyway of learning or having a conversation. If you have an interesting skill you think I can learn, teach it to me. If you want to show me your workplace, I’ll be up for it. Maybe we could go bowling, trekking, camping, go-karting, cycling, jogging, to a movie you think is awesome, to your favourite café etc.
And in case you are worried that I might be some creep, you can bring along your girlfriends/boyfriends, husbands/wives, friends or even your parents. They will keep you protected from the EVIL that is me.
Duration of project – Indefinite
Now this is where I need your help. I can’t seem to come up with anything that describes this on a whole. Any ideas with what I can name this project? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
^ After a lot brain racking and super helpful suggestions, I have decided to call this project – Time and Travel